Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Beware of so-called Privilege card offers

Sigh. As of today, I can't seem to get over the experience I had with a very rude telemarketer.

Just this afternoon, a very-fast talking & rude woman called my office number offering a privilege card. I just learned it was a privilege card at the middle of our conversation as she really talks so fast. At first I thought it was just another credit card offer from other banks but after noticing she mentions loads of discount to almost everything, I knew there is something wrong.

My bad was I had given her my credit card #s and I wasn't able to get hold of her name & company name. Good thing was I called up my credit card company to change my cards for a new one so she won't be able to charge me for fucking 3500 pesos. To explain further, here's how our conversion goes, as much as I can recall:

Lady: Hi Ma'am, is this Ms. (my surname)
Me : yes, who's this?
Lady : HI Ms. _ , we would like to tell you that you were shortlisted with our company to avail of this privilege card. (Continuously said all the perks without even mentioning her company name or even her name and talks for more than 5mins)
Me : Uh, what's in it for me?
Lady : Blah- Blah (talks for more than 5mins again)
Me : Is this a credit card or what?
Lady : No ma'am this is a privilege card for masterbank card holders. (Talks again for more than 10mins telling lots of privileges, most too good to be true)
me : So do I have to pay for this?
Lady : The bank already paid for the 75%, you'll just have to pay for the remaining 25%. Which is 3,500 pesos. You can use it even if you do not pay your card balance. You can pay for it in installment for any month.
Me: Sorry but I got other priorities. I cannot accept it
Lady : Ma'am you are not entitled to decline. You can only accept it
Me : I cannot decline? Meaning I'll be charged for something I do not want to have?
Lady : ma'am, that's not the kind of reaction I was expecting from you
Me : What kind of reaction are you asking? I am telling you I do not want that card. Even if it offers all the items in the world, I do not care. I am sorry but it's not my priority.
Lady : ma'am, as you are talking very rudely, i cannot do anything but expect that card tomorrow. good bye.

What the fuck?

So what I did was call my card companies and have a new card number issued to me to avoid any charges from that so-called privilege card company. they assured me that they are not connected in any way to those companies. So beware friends.

No comments: