Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Saturday Quiapo-San Miguel Adventure

It was quite unbelievable for a person like me daw na hindi pa ako napapadpad sa Quiapo. It's like, "you-are-not-pinoy-if-you-haven't been to quiapo!" Oh well, I had to do it yesterday and it was a really interesting adventure.


To start my day right, I decided to drop by muna sa Valenzuela to drop off the entourage clothes. My cousin Coleen really looked so cute on her dress!!!







After eating my lunch, I decided to head off na to San Miguel. Took the jeep to LRT, then from Monumento Station, bumaba ako sa Carriedo. According to the directions from w@wies, I should head off to the big Mercury Drug branch there, passing the Quiapo church.

I asked the policemen stationed there kung saan yung sakayan pa-San Miguel at dun pa pala sya sa ilalim ng tulay. Luckily, madali naman syang makita, I even passed on some native product store lane. Naisip ko tuloy dun na lang sana ako bumili ng gift sa Principal Sponsors! Oh well...

May kabagalan man si manong na mag-drive, I took in all the sceneries na nadadaanan ko. First time ko makakita ng Mosque at apartelles ng mga muslim. Andaming tindang isdang tuyo sa labas, at merong parang bawang na di ko mawari kung ano. And to make it more interesting, kita ko lang naman na may nasagasaang bata ang isang scooter, sa harap kasi ng jeep ako nakasakay kaya kitang-kita ko naman na tumalsik sya. At super dumog ang tao, di man lang nagmadali na isugod ang bata sa ospital. As in usisero ang dumumog. Take note, balak sanang umiskapo nung scooter driver pero buti naharang sya nung isang tambay! Sabi pa nung pasahero sa likod ko, maranao ang tatay nung bata at matapang...Hmmm...

At after so many minutes ng pagiintay ni kuyang jeepney driver ng pasahero, nakarating naman ako ng maluwalhati sa St. Michael & Archangel's church. Filled out a form, paid for the necessary fees & voila! Wait lang ako ng 2.30 for it to start.

Here I am with my ID. I still have to retain the name "Jacqueline" since it's the one listed in my baptismal. At least for a day, I am called on a really nice name...Just for a day...

Some pics of the church:

My angel, St. Uriel
(He's your angel if you were born on a Wednesday)


The tombs inside the church. Typical daw yan sa lumang churches

The nice altar with the seven archangels around the crucifix area.

Another view

Nakarating din ang Ninang Beth ko ng maluwalhati. Nagkaruon lang ng kaunting seminar mula sa coordinator ng simbahan. Medyo may pagka-OC lang si kuyang coordinator pero personally I liked the way he reminded everyone on the do's & don'ts in having the sacrament of confirmation. Karamihan kasi talaga, just came there to finally complete their papers & have this ignorance of its importance. Honestly, I was one of them. Sadly, many Filipinos are sick of religious ignorance. But hey, that's another story...

2 comments:

cris said...

OMG! I knew it was you at San Miguel! I was there too hahaha...Here comes the bride, three months inside. Will blog about my kumpil soon. :)

GingGoy said...

iyou never got lost hehe
i have a post on commuting there too