Being married for almost two years, I am starting to get tired with my usual staples at the chicken, and to think I am a person of variety when it comes to food, I keep on browsing online cookbooks to spice up my table.
Currently, here is a list of my usual viands at home:
- Tinola
- Nilagang Baboy
- Fried Chicken (of course, with a husband who just loves chicken...)
- chicken curry
- mechado
- afritada
- tortang giniling
- giniling na may patatas/sayote
- omelette with tuna
- menudo
- pininyahang manok (a newly acquired one)
- pritong daing na bangus
i wish to incorporate more seafood & veggies, but buying tahong is very tricky with the red tide. my attempt to make a tempura was a failure (though my husband was just so bait, he kept saying it was ok, i still find it too malansa). i am still looking for the right chopsuey recipe.

1 comment:
oh my, this is also one of my struggles. LOL.
since my husband and I are very busy during weekdays, we usually cook all our food on weekends then freeze them.
what I do is I surf like mad for menu ideas then run them over my husband, as soon as he approves, he then goes to the market and buy the ingredients, then we cook together. :)
our favorites:
bicol express
chicken curry
chicken and pork adobo
giniling with tomato sauce
afritada
ginataang kalabasa and sitaw
sweet and sour fish fillet
Post a Comment