Friday, March 11, 2005

My sister won!



Joyce won as Fourth Runner up for Miss Hawaiian Tropic. You can view the event on Studio 23 @ 10.30pm on Mar. 18
Congrats 'tol! :D
My sister Jen and I were the only ones who went to watch her pageant live, coz the tickets for entrance is quite high-priced, and we used complimentary tickets. The usual, it started late (about 9.30) and we were there by 7pm, we were even in a hurry to get good seats! Some personalities were there, like Plinky Recto (she is sooo pretty!) , Tim Yap (The male counterpart of Tessa Prieto-Valdez. Meaning very eccentric dresser! Imagine a dalmatian-like outfit : red & white ensamble), Ricky Davao (he was on the back part, never even bothered to seat), Bobby Yan (he knew my sister, so he approached us after hearing our cheers, which is quite loud for only two people), Hans Montenegro (he's the host, he really is good), Sen. John Osmena (is he really gay?), and many others.
The program almost run smoothly, technical problems are very unavoidable. No Q & A & evening gown portions, so the intermission numbers are the only ones to hate.
Jen and I jumped out of our seats when she was the first one called as a semi-finalist! Honestly, it was very unexpected coz i thought that the morena ones will grab it. She was the only mestiza in the finalists. So when she was called as the 4th runner up, I am already very happy. She is very vocal she's not wishing for the main title, what will happen to baby Eia? She really misses her.
I am so proud of my sister! I am so happy for she is still achieving her goals even having a baby, and most people know that I dreamed of being a beauty queen and she is somewhat fulfilling it. We love you!

2 comments:

Mrs P said...

wow dins! congrats! may baby na sha pero ang sexy pa rin. how'd she do it!?

Dins said...

Ei Mareng Kate, tnx!

Nette, only she has this certain discipline sa aming 3 sisters...When she says she wont eat rice, hindi tlaga...yun lang... =)