Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Good morning starshine!


The earth says hello!

I just loved the latest movie of Johnny Depp. Ang galing nya!

I also thought it would be a very typical movie, somewhat kiddie pero i was wrong! i really enjoyed it, specially willy wonka's weird dialogues. Here are some of them:

Charlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka.
Willy Wonka: Huh?
Charlie Bucket: Why would Augustus' name already be in the Oompa Loompa's song unless…
Willy Wonka: [interrupts] Improvisation is parlor trick, anyone can do it. [turns to Violet]
Willy Wonka: You, little girl. Say something. Anything.
Violet Beauregarde: Chewing gum.
Willy Wonka: Chewing gum is really gross, chewing gum I hate the most. See? Exactly the same thing.

Mike Teavee: Who wants a beard?
Willy Wonka: Well, beatniks for one, folk singers and motorbike riders. Y'know. All those hip, jazzy, super cool, neat, keen, and groovy cats. It's in the fridge, daddy-o! Are you hip to the jive? Can you dig what I'm layin' down? I knew that you could. Slide me some skin, soul brother!

Willy Wonka: All right, let's start the tour.
Violet Beauregarde: Wait, don't you want to know our names?
Willy Wonka: I can't see why that would possibly make any difference

Willy Wonka: You can't have your family hanging around like an old, dead goose. No offense.
Grandpa George: None taken. Jerk.

Violet Beauregarde: [hugs wonka] Mr.Wonka, I'm Violet Beauregarde.
Willy Wonka: [Wonka looks at her terrified as she chews her gum] I don't care

Violet Beauregarde: Well, you should care because I'm the girl who's gonna win the special prize at the end.
Willy Wonka: Well, you do seem confident and confidence is key.

Veruca Salt: I'm Veruca Salt. It's very nice to meet you, sir. [does a curtsy]
Willy Wonka: I always thought a veruca was a type of wart you got on the bottom of your foot. Ha, ha

Augustus Gloop: [Augustus steps in front of Veruca] I'm Augustus Gloop. I love your chocolate.
Willy Wonka: I can see that. So do I. I never expected to have so much in common… [Wonka stops and turns around to Mike]
Willy Wonka: You, you're Mike Teavee. You're the little devil who cracked the system. [looks at Charlie]
Willy Wonka: And you, you're just lucky to be here, aren't you?

Grandpa George: The kids who are going to find the golden tickets are the one that can afford to buy candy bars every day. Now Charlie only gets one a year. He doesn't have a chance. Mark my words. The kid to get the first golden ticket will be fat, fat, fat. [Augustus appears and cameras flash] Augustus Gloop: I'm eating the Wonka bar and I taste something that is not chocolate. Or coconut. Or walnut, or peanut butter. Or sprinkles. So I look and I find the golden ticket. [the Bucket home sees the TV with Augustus on the screen]
Grandpa George: Told you he'd be a porker

Willy Wonka: Everything in this room is *eat*able. Even I'm *eat*able. But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact *frowned* upon in most societies.

Willy Wonka: This is the puppet hospital and burns unit. It's relatively new.

Grandma Georgina: You smell like peanuts. I like peanuts.
Willy Wonka: You smell like old people... and soap. I like it.

[Willy Wonka claps enthusiastically as his special musical showpiece goes up in flames]
Willy Wonka: I thought the middle part was getting a little bit dodgy, but that finale... Wow!

Willy Wonka: Good morning, starshine. The earth says hello!

Willy Wonka: My name is Willy Wonka.
Veruca Salt: Then shouldn't you be up there? [points to stage]
Willy Wonka: Well, I couldn't very well watch the show from up there, now, could I, little girl?

Willy Wonka: [Bangs into his elevator] I've got to be more careful where I park this thing.

Grandma Georgina: [the glass elevator crashes through Charlie's house] I think someone's at the door!

Mrs. Beauregarde: What do you use Hair Crème for?
Willy Wonka: To lock in moisture. [primps hair]

Charlie Bucket: [on chocolate river, deep in factory, passing an open door in which Oompa-Loompas are whipping a cow] Whipped cream?
Willy Wonka: Of course! How can you get whipped cream if you don't use whips?

Willy Wonka: [hiding behind a newspaper while Charlie shines his shoes] Too bad about that chocolate guy. Walter... er, Waldo...
Charlie Bucket: Willy Wonka.
Willy Wonka: Right, him. Did you ever meet him?
Charlie Bucket: I met him once... I thought he was great at first. Then he turned out not to be. And he has a funny haircut.
Willy Wonka: [throwing the newspaper down.] I do not!

Grandpa Joe: I used to work at that factory.
Charlie Bucket: You did?
Grandma Josephine: He did.
Grandpa George: He did.
Grandma Georgina: I love grapes.

Grandpa George: Do you even know what we're talking about?
Grandma Georgina: [after a moment] Dragonflies?

No comments: