"Was 2005 your best year?"
Albert asked me that question on our way home one time. Sabi ko naman, why do you think of the negative side? Compared daw kasi with 2004, mas maraming masaya kesa sa lungkot. Nga naman, namatay kasi ang mom nya on this year, nagkabulutong sya on his birthday, changed address twice on a single year.
Then the time came na parang feeling mo hindi christmas. So I thought, oh no, the innocence inside us is fading away. So I told him, maybe you have to just count your blessings, instead of lingering on the bad ones. Then I remember this song:
When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings
So dear God, allow me to thank you in my simplest ways. Let me continue to praise you and thank you, for every little thing that happened this past year and for the years to come. Na kahit maloko at salbahe, you nurtured and blessed me, my family, and my loved ones.
I promise to win my private battle. I know I can do this. (By the way, thank you darling for the gift. I know that book will again direct me to win this battle. I love you.)
No comments:
Post a Comment