From : ABS-CBN NewsThat's the exact reason why I stopped watching the news as I used to and reading the newspaper as I used to. We, Filipinos, just have this attitude of forgetting the past. And that's why it haunts us every now and then.
'Filipinos experiencing People Power fatigue'
Groups seeking President Arroyo's ouster through another bloodless revolt have failed to get popular support because of "people power fatigue", a sociologist said.
Sociologist Josephine Aguilar said many Filipinos are pessimistic about conducting another "People Power" revolt similar to mass actions in 1986 and 2001 that deposed presidents Ferdinand Marcos and Joseph Estrada.
"People power fatigue na nga ito. Kapag kinausap mo ang mga tao napapagod na sila dahil paulit-ulit ang nangyayari at pare-pareho din ang mga taong involved, malalaking tao (This is people power fatigue. If you would talk to the people, they would say they are already tired because [these kind of controversies] are just going in circles, with the same people involved, big people)," Aguilar said.
Hay, naku. Mamamatay din kayo, tandaan nyo 'yan!
No comments:
Post a Comment