Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Thank heavens for Wikimapia.org

Magmula nung bata pa ako, I have this habit of memorizing places. Be it landmarks, streets, jeepney routes, or towns, I try to remember them as much as I can.

And having wikimapia is really essential for someone like me. I now find places easily. For example for our dangwa-malate adventure, I just found them via wikimapia. Alam kong di na ako maliligaw, one thing to thank for is that I know the major roads. Dati, takot ako to roam around QC area, ngayon I am confident to commute going UP-Katipunan-Project 6.

One tip would be, when using wikimapia, type the street or town of the place you wish to find. Minsan swerte buong street and town makikita mo (good tag entering). Mas maswerte ka pa kung kilala yung building or establishment na hinahanap mo kasi most probably na-wiki na yun ng mga wikimapia users.

When you get results, simple roam around the area by looking for a major or national road. When I looked for Dangwa, I moved to the left and I saw LRT-Tayuman Station and Taft Ave., and that's when I learned na malapit lang pala sya sa SM Tayuman! Really nifty, right? =)

No comments: