I used to watch wrestling when I was a kid. It all started when we accidentally changed channels and saw the legendary Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior match (wherein the latter won). Since then, me and my sisters got hooked. It used to air on channel 13 every wednesdays at 10pm (which is a late hour to watch TV before). My idols would be Ultimate Warrior and the Demolition tag team. Joy like Bret "the hitman" Hart (who used to tag team with Jim the anvil Neidhart as the hart foundation). Jen liked the Red Rooster (i dunno why, maybe she found him cute before being the youngest). From WWF 6-12, we watched all the wrestling specials without fail, listing all the Royal Rumble participants in paper, guessing who will win at the Survivor Series, saw how Macho Man proposed to his manager Queen Elizabeth (and eventually got married in the ring), how Ultimate Warrior defeated Ravishing Rick Rude (in a cage match, with a matching signature Rick Rude dance, you know, the giling factor).One by one I saw the other "sikat" wrestlers dying out of drug abuse & heart attacks.
I eventually grew out of it but I'll never forgot their legendary matches. Long Live Wrestlemania!
No comments:
Post a Comment