If there would be a contest for 80's kids, ill be the one you can call a "perfect candidate". Go ahead, you can try me. Here are some of my proofs:
1.) I have scars on my knees and elbows
2.) We owned a bike, its a junior mountain bike. My bro owns a BMX
3.) I loved climbing on trees, especially Aratilis and mangga
4.) I almost ate all the aratilis in our neighborhood
5.) We plucked all the gumamelas in the area for soap bubbles, and used papaya
6.) My aunt forces us to take afternoon siestas with the threat that we will not be allowed to play outside.
7.) I'm never found in our house in the afternoon. I am often foundplaying in the street with my neighborhood playmates
8.) We loved exploring vacant lots for hidden knick-knacks
10.) I know all the street games (Name it: patintero, agawan base, pricky dumb 1-2-3, mataya-taya, langit-lupa,monkey annabelle, shake shake shampoo..whew! dami pa )
12.) We owned a family computer.
13.) I'd rather go outdoors in the afternoon than play familycomputer.
14.) I know this code by heartUP-UP-DOWN-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT-B-A-B-A-START (select-start for 2 players) Sige nga, anong game yan? =)
15) I dressed up like Madonna. If there's one things on 80's that sucked, its the fashion statement!
16.) I am still like carebears, bioman, mazinger z, daimos, etc., etc.
17.) Ms Word did not exist in my vocabulary but Wordstar did!
18.) I STILL LOVE 80's music. I think its because of my aunt's influence. Someone was shocked when he heard me playing Vitamin Z music like burning flame.
19.) I've spent hours in the afternoon catching tutubi on a vacant lot near the factory on our place (now its full of garbage, what a waste). Yellow-greenwas the easiest to catch, blue being finicky, and big red being a rarebreed. Tutubing karayom : panis. Tutbing kalabaw : wow asteg ka nun.
20.) Me and my sisters used to take Flinstones vitamins (itwas yummy)
21.) I know the catoon show, Beverly Hills Teens
22.) I know Kuya Bodgie from Batibot, i even met him on the set (want a proof? i got a pic) on our Kindergarten field trip
23.) My blouses had paddings, and i removed them!
24.) I owned wide studded colorful belts, i like the white ones which are "uso' ngayon.
25.) I watched some of our favorite movies on betamax, i liked Little Mermaid!
26.) I collected and "swapped" perfumed stationeries with my classmates and friends, but followed the unwritten rule, to never write onthem.
27.) I remember what Ricky Martin used to look like back then
28.) I know Bagets and Ninja Kids
29.) Magic Johnson and Larry Bird were the players at the time
30.) I know more 80's music than the song "Buttercup"
31.) I still bathe in the rain
32.) I was taught to comb my hair one-sided. I looked cute then!
33.) I collect nganga beans so i can have ammunition for sumpit
34.) I know who madam bola and sitsiritsit and alibangbang was.
35) I know the Ewoks.
36) I had Mighty Kid rubber shoes and Greg school shoes. (in fairness mahal yan nuon ha)
37.) I still know what Time Space Warp means (and I know who Fuma Lae-Ar is, at ano ang kulay ng panty ni Annie? DILAW!)
38.) I sucked all the nectar from the santan plant.
39.) I played with text (yung cards ha!!!) And we countcards like this: I-SA, DALA-WA, TAT-LO, A-PAT... walo na iyon!
40) I loved cheezels and chicakdees because of the great prizes ithad!(remember sticky hands, bear popups, and the stick on tattoos which were"banned" due to drugs daw?)
41.) Sosy ka if you bought a Magnolia drumstick
42.) Twin Popsies were meant to be shared with a friend.
43.) I'm familiar with the show "Perfect Strangers".
44.) Thats Entertainment" ang "the bomb" nung mga panahon na yun sa iba. I liked AngTV. Remember Payong Kaibigan? Di pa jologs si Jolina nun, astig ang dance nila.
45.) Sikat ka kapag alam mo ang wordstar at lotus 1,2,3
46.) Tatlong .25 cents lang eh makakatawag ka na sa pay-phone.
47.) Cute pa si Aiza non sa Eat Bulaga.
48.) I drink Chocolate milk from the Magnolia glass bottle which we kept for holding water in our ref.
49.) Brown Cow tasted better than Hersheys!
50.) Shake Rattle and Roll 1 and Exorcist 1 was the most horrifying movie for me then.
51.) The best movies of all time are Pretty Woman, Labyrinth and The Mannequin
52.) I show off my pencil case which have hidden compartments thatpop-out at the press of a button. The one i had even has mini piano. Laban ka?
53.) I have Bensia pencils which are refillable...
54.) Fiesta carnival was the place to be (kumbaga enchanted kingdom syang90's)
55) Takot akong mag-year 2000 ksi baka magunaw ang mundo.
56.) Masarap pa rin ang Goya and Serg's.
57.) Nakakasakay pa ako sa kotseng walang aircon.
58.) I know the lyrics ng "Tinapang Bangus" at "Alagang-alaga namin si Puti" ng Batibot.
59.) I know these commercials:
a. YCBIKINIBRIEF - remember this one? Ycbikinibrief / ycbikinibrief /ycbikinibrief for the man who packs a wallop / YC had fashion / YC hasstyle...
b. RA Homevision - those guys from cash and carry makati couldn't havedone it better. Sports. Adventure. Cartoons. Award Winners and More. Featuring the voice talent of Frankie Evangelista. I will never forget the creepy hand at the start of the ad. Parang ET na nasa spaceship!
60) Bumibili ako ng texas or bazooka bubblegum, tootsie roll, yung maliliit na candies na singko isa, sa tindahan
61) Naabutan ko pa na korteng flower ang singko.
62) I'm familiar with this song: si nena ay bata pa, kaya ang sabiniyaay um-ah-um-ah-ah. hanggang patanda siya nang patanda at pabastos ngpabastos hehehe!
63) I have a cd that contains thousands of atari and nintendo games and yes, i still play them. I still remain awed by how they did those games. i dont care about those ps or other 3d ones, 2D games are the best for me. i just downloaded a DOS version of "Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?".
64) Inabot ko ang 75 cents na pamasahe at ang bagong bukas na LRT. 7 pesos lang ang UFC ketsup nuon. 2.75 ang coke, 2.50 ang pop. May tigpi-piso pang fruit juice sa plastic.
65) Nagka-hepa ako sa scramble at mangga sa tabi-tabi.
66) Tumataya ako sa may premyong gold fish at baby ducks. marunong akong mandugas by viewing the answer on the sheet of paper. Itapat mo lang sa araw eh!
67) Nangugulekta ako ng rubber bands para sa chinese garter na games.
No comments:
Post a Comment