Monday, September 10, 2007

Hate VS Indifference

This topic is one of the few times I am discussing some sensitive issues, and may not cover a lot kaya please bear with me as this'll be a long one. The reason I am posting it is, well, I just want to share it. I am never perfect anyway.

I have already expressed my intention of not having my biological father invited in my wedding. As usual, my family (meaning my siblings and a close aunt) doesn't agree kasi siguro it's a tradition to have them man lang on the occasion. Or siguro ano ang sasabihin ng kamag-anak namin (knowing them they do bother a lot on those silly stuff). Simply for the sake of having him around, I do not know.

And akala nila, galit pa ako sa tatay ko. Porjuiceforsantu! Ilan beses ko bang sasabihin na, wala akong galit, kasi wala akong nararamdaman?

See here:

Hatred is an emotion of intense revulsion, distaste, enmity, or antipathy for a person or thing, generally attributed to a desire to avoid, restrict, remove, or destroy the hated object. Hate can be based on fear of an object or past or present negative consequences of dealing with the hated thing.

Indifference is emotionlessness: apathy demonstrated by an absence of emotional reactions.


MEANING: Hate is NEVER of the same meaning of indifference, as indifference shows no emotion at all.

I feel sad na hindi man lang nila maisip na, that is my day. I want only the people na bibigyang pugay ko sa mga pinagdaanan ko sa buhay. And he isn't a part of it. I want only those people who have shared my ups and downs to be around me so I can say thanks to them.

So what do I do when I see him? I talk to him, I reply to his questions, I laugh at his jokes. Why? Because I do not feel any hate, since I have no untoward feelings to him. He is more of like another stranger I am having a conversation.

That is why I am such a strong opponent of separations/divorce/annulment. Because I value relationships so much to the point I do not want this to happen to others, it was a long and winding road for me (parang kanta yun a) and took me a while to manage. Not all people may do the same thing as I did, some may go worse, some may be better. Kahit sabihin mong sanay na yan na walang magulang, you'll never know what's going on their minds. Some rebel, some do suicide, and quite a few just move on...

No comments: