Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hail you, PDA judges!

Out of sheer curiousity, I tried watching the Pinoy Dream Academy episode last Saturday, which was actually an expulsion night for the "academy students".

I was hoping for a real treat since the previous batch was quite good (Yeng, Panky, etc) but this current batch, well in my own observation, was a big disappointment.

A lot of the male hopefuls seem to have come from boybands. Shucks, boses pa lang, parang lahat sila galing ng N'Sync, sobrang nipis!

And the girls, ahm, pretty sila. Yun lang. Lalo na yung na-probationary, I like her dress.

Buti sana kung nasa tono kahit simple lang ang boses e. Kaso, madalas flat or sharp pa. And ang daaaaming may problema sa diction. At to think an ordinary person like me can tell.

Out of the 12(?) hopefuls, only 3 stood out: Laarni (the best kahit na "kups" ang ugali as my bro says so), I guess a girl named Apple, and a guy named Inaki. The latter 2 are, well, so-so. Parang taob pa ng mga kumakanta sa fiestang singing contest. Promise.

What really made me enjoy while watching it? The judges.

Man! Gerard Salonga! Louie Ocampo! Gods! Just hearing their comments almost made me jump for joy! Lalo na si Gerard!

Bakit kamo ako na-amaze? Everytime a scholar sings his/her piece, I would automatically tell my brother, "yaiks! late syang pumasok" or "eek! panget ng kanta nya! ano ba yun?!"

What would judge Gerard do? He would specifically point out saan ka mali. And I mean REALLY specific! Like "O, late ka ng pasok ng 1/8 na note" or "Gusto ko yung ginawa mo pag transpose mo from C major " etc...etc..What a GOD!

Louie Ocampo too gives this kind of constructive criticism na you won't find in any music school. Flat out, he'll tell you that you lack the musicality. Shucks, I'd die just to be able to be judged by them!

Grabe. Walang-wala talagang sinabi ang Pinoy Idol.

Ano, para sabihan ako after singing my piece ng, "I like you!" or "Ok ka"?

Whathefuckiswrongwithyou!?!

No comments: