Thursday, July 17, 2008

What are the 12 little things that we can do to help our country?

By Atty. Alex Lacson (let's see if I follow any)

1. Follow traffic rules. Follow the law. (Hmm. Sa makati lang ito nasusunod!)
2. Whenever you buy or pay for anything, always ask for an official receipt. (I do)
3. Don’t buy smuggled goods. Buy local. Buy Filipino. (Ginagawa ko naman ito. I think...)
4. When you talk to others, especially foreigners, speak positively about us and our country. (Naku, medyo guilty ako rito...)
5. Respect your traffic officer, policeman and soldier. (Ang hirap nito lalo na at kinokotongan ka nila...)
6. Do not litter. Dispose your garbage properly. Segregate. Recycle. Conserve. (I reuse, though medyo guilty ako sa ibang ways...)
7. Support your church. (I wholeheartedly agree)
8. During elections, do your solemn duty. (I do this kahit minsan ang hirap sa loob mo since alam mo namang ginogoyo ka)
9. Pay your employees well. (Well... No Comment!)
10. Pay your taxes. (Putek, ito kahit masakit sa loob, I still dutifully do...)
11. Adopt a scholar or a poor child. (I've been trying to do this, pero since I'm about to get married, I'll try to find a way)
12. Be a good parent. Teach your kids to follow the law and love our country.. (The most important of all the rules. Ang ginagawa nga ng matanda, ginagaya lang ng bata...)

No comments: