Hi guys, im back from a hmm, lemme see...about 4 days & 4 nights trip from Sorsogon, specifically from Irosin town. Albert's mom died last friday, January 14 by the age of 53. She suffered from stage 3 cancer of the ovary, if im correct. She first got myoma years ago, i really have no correct idea when it really started. The time Albert & I started going steady, she's already been confined every year, undergone radiotherapy & certain operations. Personally, I was sort of happy she is not suffering from severe pain anymore, that she is at peace at where she is now. I can say she's at heaven now, very happy with angels around her, with all of our prayers. I was really shocked to receive the news firsthand, coz their Mama Lucit texted me first (i think, or next to ate Chess). It felt stupid coz Nogi (Albert's brother, youngest) & I were in the middle of the meal at Jollibee Guadalupe, while Albert was buying detergents at a nearby store. Even if she's not my mom, i was so close to tears, seeing Nogi stopping himself from crying coz we're at Jollibee, the place was so awkward to be in. Then when Albert came back, he was halfway from shock and sadness, saying, "Di man lang niya kami inintay..."...
Then we all instantly decided to go there, to Irosin, Sorsogon. After the peeps there texted us how to go there, we zoomed to the Cubao station, and rode on an ordinary bus bound to Sorsogon City. We arrived there after 12 tiring hours (I NEVER travelled this far before, Baguio is only 8 hours. Its very uncomfortable, i never even slept continuously for more than an hour, yet i never complained. I was also somewhat excited, being able to travel that far!) and rode another hour on a jeepney where they dropped us at Iroson rotonda. Ten-minute ride of "tricy" (that's how they call tricycles there) bought us to Ate Gina Fos' house.
It is a very sad moment for the three of us, seeing Mama Zena inside a coffin. My tears never stopped from falling.
I slept in the room they provided us. I was so tired. When I woke up, i took a bath agad. I think my nose got all the most dirt! I was introduced to the elders: Mama Lucit, Mama Anicia, Ate Gina, and some of their cousins : Aldea & Ruth. When Albert introduced me to them they kept on poking their heads on me, as if im an alien, it really felt so weird...
I was so lucky that becoz our office transferred to another location, wala kaming pasok till Wednesday!!! I went home by Tuesday, 5pm via Philtranco airconditioned bus. Albert and I actually looked for a 12pm bus. We were waiting for almost an hour on the station but none came so he put me on the 5pm bus. I was ever so relunctant on going home, i even cried on way home! I really felt so sad.
The interment of Mama Zena will be on Monday (they are all waiting for his brother, Ronnie, from States). God bless her soul...
No comments:
Post a Comment