Saturday, May 24, 2008

Part 3: Who are the not-so-highly-priced HMUA's (hair and make-up artists)?

First and foremost, let me tell you: before you book a makeup artist, have a trial makeup! I have heard quite a lot of stories, from the brides at w@w and even personal encounters, that they were so grateful for having trial hmu's. One even recounted of having it done by a real pro, and yet, she looked more of a "bakla" to her point-of-view. Why? Because bridal makeup is oh so different from the pageant & party look.

And also, do not forget to discuss to the MUA if you desire the no-makeup look or the blushing bride, it depends on what makes you look more beautiful (hey, all brides are pretty! *.*)

(Note: for their rates, make sure to contact them first as they might have done an increase for the year)
Well, here are the ever top choices:

1) Angie Cruz & Ogie Rayel tandem (www.angiecruzonline.com)
Mobile Number: +63916-3868307
E-mail: angie@angiecruzonline.com

- after being spotted by a previous w@wie Jacq, they were all flooded with not just booking up to the next year, but also with praises! Such a funny duo too, they make the brides relaxed. Honestly, I was really eying on getting them for my wedding, but was beaten by another bride on my same date. Well, to each his own talaga. She is currently under Shu Uemura, so expect highly-branded cosmetics to be used.
Current rate: 10k for bride + 2pax. 1000 for extra head, 1,500 for trial makeup Package includes grooming for the groom and retouch until reception


2) Val Villarin (valvillarin.multiply.com)
(63)9208069726/ (02)4542392
E-MAIL: val_villarin@hotmail.com/valvillarin@gmail.com

- My HMUA! Val is the most sought-after by budgeted brides like me. Why? Because he believes that makeu-up doesn't have to be that highly priced, despite that he uses top-of-the-line products! A firm believer of simplicity and beauty, this is his motto whenever he prettifies all of his brides. He replies on email the next day and updates his multiply account as often as he could, all his brides are there, hindi pili ang pictures nya. And be it morena, singkit, chinita, Val can do it. I know. =)
Current rate: 9,500 for bride + 6pax. 1,500 for trial makeup Package includes prenup makeup, grooming for the groom and retouch until reception


3) EJ Belen-Litiatco (http://ejblitiatco.blogspot.com)
0917-8112065 / 0923-4534947
Email : mickeyblue27@gmail.com

- She's certainly not just a pretty face in the world of beauty, this woman really brings out the best in you. And whenever someone asks for a woman MUA that I know, I only say, try EJ. I haven't had myself done with her but one thing for sure, this woman does her job well. Ask her clients. =)

Current rate: 8k for bride + 2pax. 1000 for extra head (adult), 500 (for flower girls)
Package includes grooming for the groom and makeup kit, Additional 2k for retouch
Also offers airbrush makeup

Next : What is the process of getting your marriage license? Where do I get it, is it where I live or where my future husband lives? Or where the church is located?

No comments: