Being a w@wie for almost 2 years, ito yung isa sa mga tanong na lagi mong mababasa. Let's face it: Most Filipino weddings are still not used to the concept of having wedding coordinators, ang tingin nila ay luho. And I for one have considered it as an additional expense.
with my wedding coming in 5 months, I tried creating a list of tasks to assign to my close friends and sisters (i've got two of them so I might as well make use of them, i thought!) and juskopo! grabe sa effort! Halos mawindang ako sa dami nang iuutos, at alam ko namang wala silang ka-idea-idea on what to do.
being such a control freak (well, parehas lang kami ni Bok. we don't want things to be unorganized) I am now sending mass emails to potential OTDs. I badly need one.
what is a wedding coordinator anyway? Well, my definition would be, they will help in keeping your sanity in your most memorable day.
they will be your angels, whose job is to :
1. keep track of all your suppliers while preparing (this is where the whole hulabaloo starts: receiving of entourage flowers, photo/video, makeup, gown, friends, family! imagine receiving them all while preparing?)
2. transport all your church stuff from your preparation venue, and attend to the visitors in the church, distribute misalettes and all.
3. manage your reception program, talk to your emcee & sound system and receive visitors and keep track of their gifts. keep track of headcount to coordinate with the caterer.
it all sounds so easy, right? well, you are wrong! i have been to a lot of weddings, and all i can say is i have never been to one na hindi nagkakagulo.
i know, no wedding is perfect, pero juskoday, bilang guest ilang beses na akong naliligaw kung saan pupunta or uupo or kung ano man ang gagawin ko.
Up next, part 2: the hunt starts!
No comments:
Post a Comment