Thursday, July 21, 2005

Impossible dreams

After posting Pinoy Big Brother thoughts, it made me think, what do I really wanna be?

As a grade 4 student, wherein computer subjects are placed every other day with home economics, I liked to tinker with computers. It made me remember what softwares we used: BASIC (the one with lines starting in tens) and a Garfield software, where you can make situations with thought bubbles and Garfield characters. I even remember getting an acknowledgment certificate for being genius on it AND I have the proof to those who doubts =), arr! Hahaha...So that meant I always dreamed to be a computer nerd.

As I entered high school, I was asked to join ms. intramurals even as a freshman. But i humbly declined, for I really never saw myself in that light. Honest! But when I entered the next year, I obliged since I was partly curious and partly excited. Awa ng Diyos, nanalo akong Ms. Intramurals, even winning over Ate Madz, who was considered to be the "crush ng bayan" being so pretty, as she came from family of pretty sisters (naks, bola na no, ate madz? hehehe! btw, she is now a pretty mom of a pretty kid and residing in US). The reason? No idea, up to now! That made me start to dream being an international model.

Entering my 3rd year, ah, I joined Ms. UN and won 4th runner up. I forgot who won the main title.

And on the 4th year, ah yan, jan ako mas natuwa na sumali kasi Division of schools ng VALMANA na ang kasali (VALenzuela MAlabon NAvotas). Its a presscon for private schools who has school publications. The winner was from St. Jude (i wish i can post a pic, for she looks horribly fat [no sourgraping here] and her answers are so japayuking-bakla type [always starts with good mornings with very lengthy answers na wala namang pinatunguhan]), and I became the 2nd runner-up. I think the reason was because I answered in tagalog SINCE the question is in Tagalog! Those were the times that answering only in english means you are smart! Duh! So I think, that's the end of my 2nd dream.

I even ventured into acting by joining the HS annual dramafest. I wasn't bad, after playing a hooker with a very judgmental mum. The title of the play was Sirkulo, by the way.

By now, what do I wish to do? Well, I am now dreaming of becoming a linguist. I discovered that my tongue is quite flexiiiiible, and I am very much interested also to travel and to learn how that country speaks. My friend Shy is now going to avail of trial Mandarin language class. Its free for the first two months and you have to pay by the next month of classes starts.

So there goes my dreams. Hay..Masarap namang mangarap, di ba? =)

No comments: